Monday, March 9, 2009

bounce house and taxes!

So, last Sunday, after a whole week of recovering from that freaking surgery I was ready to do something. My computer had died on Friday so I figured it was a good time to begin my Tax Preparation. Already a headache waiting to happen!
Of course, procrastination is key on a project like this one! Run some errands, eat, walk around some, dance a bit, maybe a few phone calls, anything to avoid the inevitable. Finally I'm ready to sit down and get serious and I look out my window. Right behind my place is a big blown up castle bounce house! UGH! The kids behind me were having a birthday party... fun for them! Figure 2-3 hours and it'll be over. NOT! these were big kids 9,10,11 years old?... they don't tire as easily! They were screaming for at least 3 hours constantly! My head was pounding as I tried to focus. I was bummed out cuz I wanted to go jump with them too!!!
Eventually I began to call for help. I finally reached my friend Tammy and told her if I couldn't come over to her place I would be dead on the floor at my place! Death by taxes, screaming and the bounce house!... WHEW! I escaped!!!
I got home late, much later. It was after 9pm and dark out. That thing was still up! GRRRRR!!! They finally took it down and stopped with it soon after. I survived. NO, my taxes are not ready! I'll be ready by the time my appointment with my accountant arrives though.

No comments: