Wednesday, March 18, 2009

forced lefty

any of you having a problem with sore hands from texting? lately with all of the time off due to illness and travel I've been forced to communicate using my blackberry more often than usual. About two weeks ago I began to experience extreme pain in my right thumb all the way up my forearm. Today, maybe 6 texts and my hand was swollen and killing me! My family has a history of arthritis so I am concerned. I also met a lady recently who had to have surgery on her tendon on her right thumb due to texting! So, I have decided to teach myself to write, mouse, virtually everything with my left hand. Decided that at lunch today. Needless to say, nobody in the office can read any of my communications since noon! It looks like my nephew wrote whatever I wrote! Ambidextrous is my goal. To help deal with the situation I plan to be able to do everything with both hands. Its fun getting old! What about all those kids texting 300 times a day? What does the future of their thumbs hold? Only time will tell!

No comments: