Friday, December 5, 2008

oh the drama!

back pain! pain in the back! went to the doctor. funny thing is that he fell off of a HORSE over the thanksgiving weekend so his bedside manner was gone! he had no patience for me and my shenanigans! He did not want me to tell him I was in pain and I needed a referral to a chiropractor. We had a fight. that's right, my General Practitioner and I had a fight. He got pretty vicious! and, anyone who knows me really knows that I love this doctor. I've been seeing him for about 10 years for various assorted ailments and pro health support. I have never argued with him! But he proceeded to tell me to take pills, vicoden!, naprosyn & some muscle relaxers, and to stop all activity! WHAT! IS HE CRAZY!!! hello! may I introduce myself?! He also referred me to an orthopedic surgeon and some xrays, and an MRI... and if after a couple of weeks the pain is not gone maybe a cortisone shot and if that doesn't work I will have to take a few weeks off of work and completely rest my back! and if that doesn't work then SURGERY!!!! Yep, he slammed me! all because I asked for a chiropractor and he was in a bad mood!
On the bright side, now I've got enough pills for a really great party! No more OPPP for a while! I decided the next day to go to a chiropractor on my own. Found this sports medicine chiro. He did ultrasound, electro therapy, heat massage, stretching and an adjustment. I walked out of there pain free! I still have a bit of a flare up. Turns out it has something to do with my car seat, so I have adjusted that too.
And, you remember those "as seen on tv Dr. Ho double massager" things?... Personal electro therapy device?! well, I was given one and have been using that too. I wear it at work, patches on my ass with wires connected to the device! whatever helps!
Theres an item we sell called "the rimulator"... its basically the same thing except people use it on their "rim"... use your imagination and laugh! YIKES!

No comments: