Sunday, December 7, 2008

the people we love

its the holiday season. some feel lonely, sad, not interested. others are excited. is there snow in your part of town? my friend Kayla just moved here from Georgia, apparently they have better seasons than we do in California. She is one of many that puts their Christmas tree up at thanksgiving. I am not as festive as others. I also prefer to give it a bit more time. Some people are shopping, some are decorating. Some are in denial. In the past I have taken the Thanksgiving weekend to begin the project of making my gifts. This year I have lost my motivation. The economy is causing me to feel completely not interested. It doesn't even feel like Christmas. However, I know when the time comes I am going to want to share my heart and express myself to those I love. The ones who really love me and I known it. Its only a few select people, you know, the people you can count on one hand. The people who love us, the people we love.
I am grateful to have spoken to each of the people I love the most today. I want that more than any holiday gift forever and always. Thank you for being the people I love, the people who love me!

No comments: