Friday, August 15, 2008

nothing is ever as it seems

is it me or is EVERYTHING always different than we imagine it will be? I know, no expectations are good expectations... think the worst and you won't be disappointed. Yep, got that part. Regardless, somehow, we all embark on new projects, events, adventures and I think it would be unnatural to not have some sort of idea of what you think you are getting yourself into. Right???... so, its my personal experience that things really never are what I think they will be. I prefer to look at the cup half full, with sunshine around it and nice warm fuzzy things like that. The Buddhists say, there will always be pain and you will never be happy. They are simply implying that happiness begets sadness, pain/pleasure, light/dark, etc... its the cycle of life. woe! this has turned into a much deeper conversation that intended. See... nothing is as it seems! =P

No comments: