Saturday, February 7, 2009

Luxe Interior

Many of you will not know, some will know who I am referring to. Luxe Interior, the lead singer of THE CRAMPS passed away this week. I think it was Tuesday. Died of heart failure in his Glendale apartment at the age of 62. The Cramps are one of my favorite all time punk rock bands. I've had the pleasure of seeing them in both large and small venues over the years. And, I'm proud to say that the ONLY star sighting I was really excited about was in my first year of living in California, 15 years ago... I was leaving The Good Earth restaurant in Glendale with the guy I was dating and Luxe Interior and Poison Ivy (his girlfriend and the sexy female singer in the band) were waiting to be seated. We had a conversation with them. Normally I would not talk to "celebrities" but they were right there and we had just seen their show two weeks earlier! A great moment and memory!
I included the cover of Fever by The Cramps in my Indie 103.1 Coup d'Tdat playlist. They are still to this day one of my favorite bands. Check them out. A good place to start is the song called Human Fly from Bad Music for Bad People.
Luxe, you will be missed! Rest in peace and thank you for all the great times and tunes!

No comments: