Friday, May 2, 2008

the mystery stench

these are the type of things that happen in my life... its not even a joke! you can't make this stuff up!
For a FEW MONTHS there was this sour pungent smell in my house. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me! I thought it was me, except I could only smell it at my house in this one area. In that specific area of my house is the sofa, rug, coffee table, cat toy basket, work out shoes. I have stuffed my face into each item SEVERAL TIMES to find the source of this disgusting smell.

Every day when I got home from work I would smell it again, in the morning, again, UGH!!! I would smell my arm pitts, my breath, my crotch! My hair, everything on me! I even took vitamins with peppermint oil in them thinking it was INSIDE OF ME!...

Ok, so, I have had my sofa for about 10 years now and it has been through a lot. I thought it must be the source. It is a down sofa so maybe the feathers started stinking? the slipcover? was there something that died or somehow fell behind the sofa and spoiled? Yep, I moved the sofa and found nothing dead or spoiled. A few cat toys and ponytail holders...

I decided it was time for a new sofa anyway and I bought a new one. It has yet to be delivered. Of course, I had to "special order" it... can't just buy a regular model. Always something special for me! Coming home from the furniture store and very very proud that the stench will go away with the new sofa in 6 to 8 weeks when the sofa is replaced! yea! Still that smell was driving me CRAZY!!!

My sister came to town and I asked her if she thought my place was stinky? I asked any friends that visited... not a fun question to ask guests! Makes for a warm atmosphere! "hey by the way, do you think my house stinks?" Yep! I did it!

So, one day I was on the floor in my living room where the stupid stench lives too... I was working out. As I was waiting for the next prompt on the workout DVD I had in I layed my eyes on a candle that was sitting on the corner of the coffee table. Hmmm... could that be the source of the stench?... I picked up the candle and sniffed it. Seems like it could possibly be the candle. I put it outside the door and finished my workout.

Once my workout was done, about a half an hour later, I noticed... no more stench! I threw that candle away after taking note of the scent so I would never purchase it again! WOW!!!! No Freaking Way!!!! A STUPID CANDLE caused me so much greif and confusion and a new sofa too! for months!!!

seriously! I wanna puke!

2 comments:

Sin said...

would have guessed it was your shoes! LOL your such a dork a new sofa and you didn't even need one!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha didn't you smell the candle b4 u bought it.LOL SMH WTF!?!?!? how many cats do u have?