Thursday, January 15, 2009

going to be missed!

I turned on my stereo in my office this morning. As usual I switch around on the stations to find my groove for the day. Today I landed on Indie 103.1, in my top two choices. I got chills when I heard the solemn announcement. Indie 103.1 is going off the air effective immediately. Due to corporate radio structure and the inability to honor the values by which they started the station in the first place they are removing themselves from the airwaves. They will however be streaming live online at www.indie1031.com for all of us to enjoy with no restrictions, guidelines or laws. THE MAN KILLED MY FAVORITE RADIO STATION! UGH! I can't tell you how shocked I was. I was unable to function! I was being called into a sales meeting but I couldn't move past the news. I was devastated! It was all I could think of. This was the station I got to do that radio show on. The Coup d'Tadt... I submitted a play list and right before Halloween my list was chosen and I got to go in and BE THE DJ FOR AN HOUR! It was one of the coolest experiences of my life! I am so happy to have had that opportunity with this station! I realize they will be even cooler online but still, not as accessible to me. If you are interested, log on and listen for a bit. Farewell to a rockin good friend! Farewell Indie, and thanks for not conforming to the man!

No comments: